A baseline assessment can best be described as the basis by which to judge the success of any action taken to conserve, protect, enhance or restore water resources or habitats. Monitoring, when properly executed, continues to evaluate the health of the resource after any action is taken in order to track results in a meaningful way. This is the critical feedback loop to insure successful restoration and prudent adaptive resource management.
Trout Headwaters Inc performs baseline assessments to meet a variety of objectives, and to guide all restoration planning, design and installation. New technologies have made the assessment process quick and low cost – certainly the best investment toward a successful enhancement or restoration project.
Assessments can do the following:
- Reveal ecological potential and challenges;
- Answer project feasibility questions;
- Uncover hidden problems before you renew, repair or restore;
- Provide baseline data for permitting and for comparison over time;
- Add value to property acquisition due diligence;
- Prevent costly surprises.